30 September 2010

Amigurumi Crochet Doll


My friends asked me, what is Amigurumi ??? (^_^) Here what i copied and pasted from Wikipedia.
Amigurumi (編みぐるみ?, lit. knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. Amigurumi are typically animals, but can include artistic renderings or inanimate objects endowed with anthropomorphic features.

Early this year I bough an amigurumi from Art & Craft Yearly Exhibition at JCC, and I was so obsessed with this doll ever since. I put this doll as my bag accessories and carried it everywhere. It kinda useful too, 'cos when I went with my kids to some place and they get bored, this cutie will surely become one of their friend to play with.
The picture here just shown 3 of my collections, more to come hopefully by mid October.

No comments:

Post a Comment